For those who have taken an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, it is a call of duty to take back America from a Commander-in-Chief that is incapable of understanding the sacrifices that have been made for the values that have made America great.” - Senator Ryan Zinke
Today, Ryan Zinke, an ex-Navy SEAL and Montana State Senator, announced the launch of Special Operations for America, a political action committee dedicated to “the election of Mitt Romney and like-minded candidates.”
“Navy SEAL’s, Special Operations Personnel and Veteran’s across America have been outraged since Barack Obama conveniently took credit for killing Osama Bin Laden for political gain,” a statement announcing the launch of SOFA said. “The active duty military has no voice as they are forbidden to publicly engage in the political campaign process and it is career suicide for senior military leaders to speak out against the President.”
SOfA's mission statement:
- Special Operations for America (SOFA) is committed to a strong and independent military that is capable of defending America’s freedoms and interests.
- SOFA is dedicated to restoring strong leadership to the Office of the Commander-in-Chief and those senior officials appointed by the President.
- SOFA believes in American exceptionalism along with leadership that does not minimize American greatness or politicize military achievements for personal gain.
- SOFA pledges to accurately address issues that affect our military and those core threats to National Security.
- SOFA will identify and provide accurate information on policies that harm or discredit our national security and those who bravely protect us.
“The President has failed and he is jeopardizing the safety of our troops, their families and our National security for political gain. Obama has exposed the identity of special operations units, leaked classified information, and limited the rules of engagement of forces on the ground. It’s time to stop President Obama from negotiating away our freedoms and our ability to win on the battlefield. For those who have taken an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, it is a call of duty to take back America from a Commander-in-Chief that is incapable of understanding the sacrifices that have been made for the values that have made America great.”
- Senator Zinke is the Chairman of Special Operations for America.