I've come across a lot of bad news today, so buckle your seatbelts.
Seen on facebook:
ANALYSIS OF OBAMA DISARMING UNITED STATES MARINES INSIDE THE UNITED STATES IN 2013 - GANGBUSTER EDITION
I am a Marine - tasted my own blood and wore the blood of the guy in front of me. Carried their bodies and watched their guts wash down a hanger deck drainpipe. One day he is in the bunk above me, forming a shape in the outline from below. The next day he is inside three uneven trash bags -- one deck above me. When I take my smoke break on the fantail I pass by the ship morgue and walk-in fridge.
I came home a 100% disabled veteran and have no regrets at all. What a ride. Each Marine I have known would spring like a cat to die for anyone in sight - or kill anyone in sight, Orders [or urgency] will always prevail - and you can't stop us.
Shock is a mild word to describe the action of Obama here:
I will try to remain calm for this opinion. The very notion that you do not trust the Palace Guard is astonishing to Americans. Anyone who studied Caesar sees the point. Obama is afraid of those who protect him. You may ask yourself, is this a rational thought.....
Does it reflect an underlying [and undiagnosed] paranoid personality disorder. Has running from reality for decades affected his judgment. Do we have a psychopath for a President -- with demons even he cannot control or repress. Is Barack Hussein Obama a threat to national security.
Well, look at the photos. He disabled the rifles of United States Marines.
Ronald Hinton USMC/100% DAV
You might want to take a breath before we continue.
- The Congressional Black Caucus is "quietly seething," because - my interpretation - they feel Latinos have [unexpectedly!] usurped their position as Obama's No. 1 Favorite special-interest/ethnic group. Could it be that when your grupo votes for someone in overwhelming unison - not once, but twice - and behaves as if blind, deaf and dumb to any shortcomings or disappointments, that person will take you for granted? (And we all say: Duh.)
- Isi Liebler, candidly speaking from Jerusalem, notes that "Argentina’s President Cristina Kirchner has jettisoned whatever was left of her country’s moral standing by consummating a devil’s pact with Iran..."
- Weasel Zippers offers this "Fun Fact Of The Day" -- For Every Job Created Since Obama Took Office More Than 20 People Have Gone On Food Stamps…
- The Senate Armed Services Committee is voting this afternoon on the Hagel nomination for SecDef. While we wait to hear that they've passed this to the Senate floor in a party-line vote, it's worth noting that Dick Cheney rained on Obama's parade as follows: "Frankly what he has appointed are second-rate people." (Honk if you love Cheney.)
- Is the cost of filling your gas tank going up? Or is it as Seth Lipsky suggests: what you're seeing is actually the value of the U.S. dollar going down. (Who woulda thunk it? Other than the mujahideen, of course.)
- Fundamental Transformation Quote of the Day: "The federal government is in the process of fundamentally transforming America’s historically decentralized public school system into a nationalized system... and it is sweeping across the country with a vengeance."
- And how outrageous is this?! Several Democrats are bringing as their guests illegal immigrants to State of the Union. A spokeswoman for ICE (the U.S. Immigration and Customs "Enforcement" agency) declined to comment.
Had enough? I understand. Well, if you decide you can take more, there's plenty to choose from at the Drudge Report. I'll meet you back here later with a cheer-me-up or two. Not only have we earned it by facing up to so many distressing truths at once, but we'll need something bracing in advance of The Exalted Won's State of the Union address.
By the way, is anyone going to watch It? Leave your yay's and nay's in the comments. I'm interested.