By 8:15 AM, I was already discouraged.
- People capable of working are instead opting for the disability rolls [and] experience shows that individuals are likely to remain there, which is bad for the individuals, taxpayers and the economy. [Social Security Disability Insurance Costs More than Medicare]
- "The percentage of Americans that are self-employed is at an all-time low and the percentage of Americans with a full-time job has declined to a level not seen in thirty years." [21 Facts About America's Surging Government Dependence]
- Social Security was meant to "give some measure of protection to the average citizen aginst poverty-ridden old age" but today there are 47,000 millionaires collecting these monthly checks while millions of seniors are stuck in poverty even with these checks. [Social Security Turns 78: What Was It Meant to Do?] And worse yet, to my mind, the current Congress (and president) are utterly incapable of effectively managing the program -- much less, reforming it.
- Then there's "The Mother of All Scandals" [Victor Davis Hanson]
- While the mainstream media barely skims the surface of U.S.-Russian relations, concentrating on body language and tit-for-tat, poke-you-in-the-eye diplobabble, "[t]he Russian Bear is stronger and more powerful than it has ever been before.... an economic powerhouse that is blessed with an abundance of natural resources. Their debt to GDP ratio is extremely small, they actually run a trade surplus every year, and they have the second most powerful military on the entire planet." [The Economic Collapse Blog]
And if that's not enough to send you back to bed, Israel has already begun to release convicted terrorist murderers... and that's the "Least of the Problems." [Rick Richman at Commentary]